Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause is a short, practical guide guaranteed to help women become both perimenopause and menopause savvy. Using new research and expert advice, Dr Newson will explain what the menopause is, why it happens, and why every woman should be perimenopause aware, whatever their age. Published by Penguin Life on the 26th of August, this book is part of the Penguin Life Expert series and on its first day of launch reached Amazon's Number 1 Best Seller! The book is also the first non-fiction title about the menopause to reach The Sunday Time's Number 1 Best Seller!
In her new book, Dr Newson will explain what happens in your body as you approach the perimenopause, identify main symptoms of the perimenopause and menopause, and provide readers with simple tips to enable them manage and reduce discomfort of their symptoms through exercise, nutrition and lifestyle choices.
Highlights of the main points covered in the book include:
- How to minimise symptoms and maximise your health during the perimenopause and menopause
- What is HRT and the benefits of it
- How the menopause can impact sleep and mental health
- Talking about so-called ‘embarrassing’ symptoms: why they occur, the tell-tale signs and, crucially, what you can do about them
- Compelling case-studies from Dr Newson’s clinic of women who had previously struggled to get the right help
- How to get the best out of your consultation with your GP
Inspiration for writing this book stems from the desire and need to educate women about the perimenopause and menopause to empower them to take care of their changing bodies.
Dr Newson will donate 10% of the royalties she receives to The Menopause Charity.