Dr Newson's new book 'Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause'
Published: 2nd July 2021
So much is still misunderstood about the menopause and how to manage it successfully - GP and menopause specialist, Dr Louise Newson, is here to change that. Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause is a short, practical guide guaranteed to help women become both perimenopause and menopause savvy. Using new research and expert advice, Dr Newson will explain what the menopause is, why it happens, and why every woman should be perimenopause aware, whatever their age. Published by Penguin Life, this book is part of the Penguin Life Expert series.
Dr Newson will explain what is happening in your body as you approach the perimenopause, identify main symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, and equip readers with simple tips to help them tackle and reduce discomfort through exercise, nutrition and lifestyle choices.
Talking Points include:
- How to minimise symptoms and maximise your health during this period
- An explanation of HRT and the benefits of this approach
- How the menopause can impact sleep and mental health
- Lifting the lid on so-called ‘embarrassing’ symptoms: why they happen, the tell-tale signs and, crucially, what you can do about them if they happen to you
- Compelling case-studies from Dr Newson’s clinic of women who had previously struggled to get the right help
- How to get the best out of your consultation with your GP – the right questions to ask
Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause will empower women to take care of their changing bodies.
Dr Newson will donate 10% of the royalties she receives to The Menopause Charity.
Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause is available to pre-order now, and will be released on 26th August.